Spring-Ford Youth Lacrosse strives to provide a safe, fun environment for boys ages 5-14 to learn and play the game of lacrosse. We encourage the values of good sportsmanship and respect for the game, officials, coaches, teammates, opponents, parents and
NOTE: Goalies must also wear a chest protector and throat guard, but are not required to wear shoulder pads or elbow pads (shin guards recommended for very young players).
LACROSSE STICK LENGTH SPECIFICATIONS:
U7 & U9: Standard cross = 36"
Standard cross = 37" to 42”
Long poles = 52” to 72"
Standard cross = 40" to 42"
Long Poles = 52" to 72"
WHERE TO PURCHASE EQUIPMENT:
Three basic options: 1. Large sporting goods store (Dicks, Sports Authority, Schuykill Valley, etc.)
* advantage = lots of locations & expanding selection / inventory
* disadvantage = few employees have lacrosse expertise to assist parents 2. Lacrosse specialty store (Premier Lacrosse, Lacrosse International, etc.)
* advantage = wide selection & lacrosse expertise to assist with sizing, options, etc.
* disadvantage = fewer locations 3. Used sporting goods store (Play-it-Again-Sports)
* advantage = low cost (good for young/first time players)
* disadvantage = equipment is used, may be less reliable
NOTE: we strongly advise against purchasing USED helmets due to the risk of insufficient protection which could lead to a severe head injury